Welcome to MFIS!
The mission of Madison Friends of International Students is to connect Madison-area international university and college students, scholars, and any accompanying family with local residents to provide support and assistance as well as to foster cultural exchange, global goodwill, and friendships around the world.
What's Next for Volunteers
Help with the annual Fall Welcome Picnic!
- When? Saturday, September 6, 2014
- Where? Rennebohm Park on Madison’s near west side
If you’re able to help, fill out the form below. There is a charge for MFIS members but the picnic is free for new students. Detailed information will be available soon.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities for Summer, 2014:
- Click here to volunteer as a host for an incoming student or faculty member with our Temporary Home Stay program.
- Get to know a member of our community as part of our Global Friends Program through informal conversation and informal meetings that you schedule yourselves. Click here to volunteer.
- Click here to help our Furniture Program volunteers as they assist new students looking for useful items for their rooms and apartments.
Questions? Contact the MFIS office by emailing email@example.com or call 263-4010.
What's Next for Students
Fall Welcome Picnic
Each year MFIS holds a Welcome to Wisconsin picnic for new students, faculty, visiting scholars and their families. Details will be available in early August.
Temporary Home Stay
MFIS offers 2-3 nights of hospitality for new students, faculty and visiting scholars when they arrive in Madison. Local residents volunteer to serve as hosts. Click here for information about this program.
Is your new apartment a bit bare? Would some furniture help? MFIS' Furniture Program offers many different items for a very low price. For information, click here.
Would you like to get to know an American and have an opportunity to speak English on a friendly, social basis? If so, perhaps you’d like to sign up for MFIS’ Global Friends program. Students are matched with interested local residents, and participants decide together how often and where to meet, and what they would like to do. For details, including an application form, click here.
How to Contact Us
How to Contact Us
|Address||716 Langdon Street, Room 223, Madison, WI 53706, USA|
The office is staffed by volunteers between 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon, Monday through Friday.
Please feel free to drop by during these hours! When the office is not staffed, volunteers continue to check email and voice mail and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.